Tuesday, August 09, 2005

beaver

Another adventure from biking... something caught my eye in the canal alongside the bike trail. At first I thought it was a woodchuck, because there are tons of them in this area.

Upon closer inspection, I realized that it was actually a beaver! I had never seen one before, so I was more than a little surprised.

Here's a head on shot of the little guy:



Again, from the side:



Here he is, finishing off the stick he was eating... he polished it off in about 10 minutes! I love his little hands in this photo.



And here he is swimming away. You can see part of his tail on the left.



It was really surprising. I have been pleasantly surprised with the variety of wildlife we have seen along the trail. It's always an adventure! For another photo, check out Neuro's blog.

Labels: , ,